When Golbo interviewed Faiz…
1. You wrote about me being stuck in a vacuum cleaner. If you were stuck in a vacuum what single item would you take?
I think I would need to carry on writing in there so I suppose it would have to be a computer. Actually, I hope I wouldn’t be in there for too long as I don’t think the battery would last!
2. Out of all your stories which world would you like to visit the most?
I’ve always loved things to do with space so it would have to be one of my books about aliens – My Alien Penfriend or A First Guide to Space Creatures. Most of the aliens I’ve written about aren’t nasty so hopefully I could travel around the universe with them and have fun.
3. Which character was the most fun to write about?
Oh that would be you of course – you had quite an adventure!
4. Which character is most like you?
That’s a hard question. I think that all the funny characters are a bit like me in some way. Hopefully, the bad ones aren’t like me at all!
5. What super power would you like to have and why?
It would be fun to be able to time travel. I could go back in history and get inspiration for lots of new, crazy ideas. Maybe I could even convince famous historical figures to read my books!
6. Where do you get your inspiration for the characters from?
Everything in daily life provides some inspiration – even my serious day job. The really strange thing is that some of the craziest and funniest ideas have popped into my head while I’ve been working on something completely unrelated to children’s books!
7. What was your favourite book when you were growing up?
I loved and still love the book James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. The book is funny, crazy, serious and sad – well it’s got everything! I have found that now people give me very strange looks if I read it on the train.
Unfortunately, as an adult people expect you to be reading boring, serious stuff all the time…
8. How can we find out about what you are writing next?
Check this website! I have lots of crazy ideas so I hope I have the time to turn them into funny stories.